Tuesday 14 May 2013

Tuesday Technique - Making Holes in Poured UTEE Shapes

While I had the melt pot to dip my bird into last week, I made some more UTEE embellishments and thought I'd share my method of making holes. As luck would have it, there are plenty of bits of bamboo skewer lying around here (now, I wonder why that could be lol!).

All you need is a melt pot, some UTEE, a skewer or cocktail stick, cookie cutter and versamark pen. Use the brush end of the pen to go over the inside & cutting edge of the cookie cutter and the blunt end of the skewer or cocktail stick. Working on a craft sheet over a heatproof surface, pour UTEE onto the craft sheet, push the cookie cutter down into the hot UTEE and quickly stand the stick into the hot UTEE, inked end down.

"Making a Hole in Poured UTEE"

Leave to stand until set (it only takes a couple of minutes). Check for a set with the edge of your spatula, not your fingers! Once set, pick up, remove the outside and push the shape out. Remove the stick, and this is what you get:

"UTEE Shape with a Hole!"

You can also drop charms and beads into the hot, poured UTEE for extra decoration...

"Charms Embedded in UTEE shapes"


I leave you with pictures of some of the other UTEE things I made in this mega melt-pot session.

"More Circles"

"Rectangles, Easter Eggs, etc."


"Shapes from my homemade moulds"

Loving the new UTEE colours, and as you can see I used up all my dregs of old pots of embossing powder to make some different colours. Hope you all have some crafting fun today! Maddy x

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you have been having fun Maddy, think you have made me want to get mine out for an airing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just fantastic - I have never seen anything like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. you have been busy!! looks complicated but your instructions are nice and clear x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh, Fabulous! I love the colours. Not something I have tried, so another thing to add to my craft bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've created fantastic pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)