Friday 20 June 2014

Tim's Tags of 2014 - June Journal Page!

Mea culpa, my bad. Once again I have used this month's tag techniques to make something other than a tag - these are a couple of journal pages from my new Dylusions journal. I've only recently started journalling and htis is the first time I've shared any journal pages, so please go easy on me :-)

"Creepy crawlies in the deep, dark forest"

The backgrounds use inks, stencils and stamps. Highlights are added with a white gel pen, words with a fine black marker.

 
"Acrylic Songthrush"


 The songthrush in the first spread is painted over the top of the stamped image using acrylics.

 
"Someone to watch over me"

This second page has less layering of stencilled images and more stamping and painting.

 
"Watercolour Songthrush"

The second songthrush is painted using distress inks as watercolours. Like Tim, I prefer to use watercolour paper to colour with distress inks since it is far more forgiving when you are working with a brush on a wet surface.

 
"Wren"

I hope Tim will forgive me, but I just couldn't resist painting this little wren into his nest! If you want to have a go at your own version of Tim's tags, there's a new one posted on his website every month.

13 comments:

  1. Maddy you've been very creative - wonderful pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful and detailed pieces of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just sooooo pretty. They would make fab wall hangings. On the hop over from do crafts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornin' Maddy, love your art. Beautiful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maddy, you are such a clever and inspiring crafter, these pages are just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely - specially the little bird in the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are very brave, I am scared of journalling, but this is really beautiful, may have to try, so thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal pages are gorgeous they are a joy to view. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive not seen a journal project before, looks really creative too

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH wow fab journal pages, love the colours and images

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I did not even know that there is a Dylusions journal (something to investigate for the wishlist I think). The page is so striking and eye-catching. Great work.
    Heike x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Maddy...Beautiful work...just love the colours together and the fab image...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous journal pages love the colours and images love all the detailing(sorry late hopping )
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)