Monday 5 May 2014

The Middle One

When making yesterday's screen card, I was left with the mini cabinet diecuts from the frames, so I used them to make another, smaller screen card...



Actually, you need twelve of the mini cabinet diecuts (I had more left over from another card - I'm terrible for not throwing things away!). Diecut an arch from eight of them to make frames, and the four whole ones are used as bases to attach the patterned paper and frames. The apertures are fairly small on this size screen card, so it's great for using up scraps of precious patterned papers.



The gilded images are made using double-sided adhesive paper, the screens are joined together with jump rings, and beads and charms are attached for a finishing touch.


I love the way these screen cards fold like a real screen.


Here's the other side. I do like that cat diecut on the front cover. He looks just like our Lucky, on the prowl, looking for birds. Hope he doesn't find any :-)

So, after making this card, I'm left with a pile of diecut arches. Hmmmm...

Entered for the following challenge:
Bastel-traum - Summer
Country View Crafts - Natures Glories
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. This way of making Cards are just fantastic. I have tried to make some, but I may say that I have not succeded as you. I believe that I miss the way you use the beautifull patterned papers. I also undertand that it is impossible to throw small piecec of wonderfull papers away - thats why we all have so many small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love your cards Maddy ... love the unusual shape and I am sure you will find a need for the diecut arches lol .. well done ... happy crafting and love sandy xx "ps a late blogger "

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous are these. Stunning is an understatement. Such a lot of fabulous design and detail.
    Wow,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic use of the leftovers - this looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wow'zer, that a gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card...from leftovers......love the colours on this one...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your super crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Have to try this myself :) Thanks for playing at Country View Crafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning way to use your leftovers! Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at Country View Challenges for our Natures Glories challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)