Saturday 10 May 2014

My take on Tim Holtz' May Tag of 2014

Have you seen Tim's tag this month? It's just great inspiration for using up those little treasures of odds and ends. The tiles make things match together so nicely! I gathered some bits together and came up with this...


I couldn't find any shadow stencils I liked, so diecut some letters from chipboard and patterned paper using one of the Tim Holtz Bigz dies. That little cherub is from the Love Struck die, I cut off the wings (is that bad?) and replaced them with some feathers from our hens. He is running along trying to catch that bird (the one set into UTEE - he's not very bright that cherub).



 
 


 
I love the dimension you get from arranging the items on chipboard tiles.

 

Sorry for not making a tag, but I couldn't wait to try out this Tim Holtz easel die I bought in the Sizzix Sale. No more toppling card fronts, it's a great job!

We have had a glorious day in Northern Ireland today with the Giro d'Italia visiting our shores (that's a bike race to you and me). Everything has been painted pink and we were all out lining the roads cheering the riders on in the pouring rain, and now that it's all over the Sun is shining! Maybe you saw some of the coverage on the tv? If not, you might like to check out some of the videos on you tube, especially the ones featuring our beautiful coastline. Tonight is Eurovision night. It's not a big thing in our house but it's always good for a laugh when Graham Norton is commentating :-) Have a great weekend everyone. Maddy x

Entered for the following challenge:
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - May

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful take on Tim's tag, your card looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy,

    Sorry it's been so long but trying hard to get back into the swing of things and wanted to say hello and peek at what you have been up to.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfull card. I really like your idea by using feathers from your hens. As you I am not to the song contest, but there has been very many happenings during the last week different places in Copenhagen. Would like to try the way you arrange your card so that it can stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really like this, very creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Maddy! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous technique

    Melanie x
    (ScentsandSentiments on Docrafts) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your hens aren't feeling too chilly sans their feathers, Maddy - only a crafter could eye their hens as a postential craft source! Your easel card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tag...lovely design...love the feather wings....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddy this is gorgeous, fantastic design. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your two-toned lettering and using the pen nib in the letter "I". I love the kitty and the bird cage. I bet it was hard to part with them (in a manner of speaking). Greetings to you in northern Ireland where is must be wonderfully green from my world of beige and brown in the southwest deserts of the USA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)