Thursday 17 April 2014

Time to Remember


Here's another card inspired by Sue Wilson. I loved the arrangement of the diecuts on the right hand side so much, that I ended up making a pile of cards with a similar layout, although you'll see the cards come out looking quite different in different colour schemes. I actually chose this layout to do justice to one of Lee's gorgeous flowers, which I've used in the bottom left corner together with a handmade stickpin that was also a present from Lee. Each of the stamped images on the right hand side is stamped in black archival and heat-embossed in clear, then diecut with the matching die and layered using foam tape. That gorgeous lace was from Brenda (thanks Brenda!)

N.B. I like to add PVA to both sides of foam tape and foam pads when using them, so the card doesn't fall apart when the tape dries out.


"Time to Remember"

The ticket says "Time to Remember". I thought this would make a nice sympathy card.

 
"Buterfly"

It's amazing what a difference it makes changing the colour scheme to red! I used a butterfly gem swirl in place of the bird, though it's a little hard to see in the photograph, and another of those gorgeous flowers (thanks Lee!).

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card just love the design of this very eye catching. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Maddy! These are gorgeous! What beautiful stamps and such elegant cards - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh that was a good tip with adding pva onto the foam pads Maddy. I never thought of them drying out really. See? That's why you make the cards.....and I enjoy them, lol. Beautiful cards. It's amazing how different they look in another colour. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards...so different in each of the colours...love the flowers...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)