Friday 25 April 2014

Tim Holtz Tags of 2014: April

Just squeezing in before the end of the month, here's my take on Tim's tag for April.

 


We had a sunny day, yay!... and breathe :-)

I took a few shots of the intermediate stages before everything was glued together.

 

This was the background with the hexagon lattice attached. I decorated a couple of hexagons with gilding flakes. I have Lee to thank for the tissue tape and tag, and also the Timmy metal embellishments (thanks Lee!).


The foliage is diecut from card covered in double-sided sticky sheet using the Sizzix Bigz die, then covered in gilding flakes.



The flowers are diecut from Tim's Lost and Found paper using his Tattered Florals die. I don't have the pinecone die so made one large flower and a smaller rose. That gold stud inside the large flower is saved from an old 1980s dress that had studs all down the front!

The tattered ribbon was some of the map-stamped stuff left over from last month's tag, so I just misted it with water and coloured it with Bundled Sage and Faded Jeans distress ink to match the flowers, then added a "Breathe" token painted with some Salty Ocean distress paint just to finish it off.

There was supposed to be a vintage bee. To be honest, I made the whole tag as a background for it, but it's lost!! Tom blames the cat. I have no idea where it is. If I find it before I publish this, then I'll add it, but if you're reading this it means it's still lost. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Lol!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning love the colours and design just pure genius. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky stole your bee?? Lol! That is one of many reasons why Nimbus is not allowed into my craft room, teehee. Mind you, that doesn't stop her from trying to break in every so often. I've caught her so many time stretching up the door, trying to pull on the handle!! Curiosity gets Nimbus a kick up the butt, lol!! Not a real kick....honest! I love this tag Maddy. The hexagon lattice and the back is as gorgeous as the front. Glad all those bits and bobs came in handy too. I'll have to cut you some more tags. I got some nice Kraft card from the craft fair, so I will do you some of those too. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super piece of work - even without the bee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)