Saturday 19 April 2014

Sunflowers

I love sunflowers. When we were children, like a lot of kids in England I imagine, we were given sunflower seeds to plant and grow up a wall. We had some long, hot and dry summer in the mid 70s and the flowers had to be watered every day. During the droughts, we'd use water from the washing-up bowl, or the potato peelings, or cold tea...and the sunflowers grew tall.

 
"Sunflowers"

That fab background paper is from a pad that was part of my prize from DCWV. The other sunflowers are from an old Papermania pack. I stuck the flower heads onto a Spellbinders diecut. I do tend to mix and match products from a lot of different companies on my cards. There are products here from Ranger, Creative Expressions, Sizzix, Spellbinders, DCWV, Stampendous, Papermania, my local craft shop and even China! It's much harder for the designers who are limited to using products from one company.

 
"Happy Birthday"

This one uses green card as a base in place of the brown. You can see how the whole card has a lighter feel to it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I can remember my children growing them when they were small and we had to measure them every day lol. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this card is gorgeous. I love sunflowers they are so cheerful they make you smile. Happy Easter. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. bothcards are beautiful love the sunflowers,papers and dies-my grandchildren grow them now
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards...love sunflowers...makes me feel so happy...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)