Thursday 2 January 2014

From Someone Who Cares

This is the second of the two cards I made with the decoupage sheet from Docrafts. I thought this would make quite a good sympathy card, maybe for an anniversary.
 
"From Someone Who Cares"

The decoupage images are so pretty, they didn't need much else. I didn't want to detract from the flowers, so added a muted background of stylised flowers (from that old favourite Hampstead stamp set)  stamped in grey ink. The same grey ink was used to edge the card, and some gingham ribbon and a bow added from the Papermania Monochrome Capsule Collection.


The sentiment is stamped and heat-embossed in silver. It's one of my favourite sentiment stamps from the Birdsong collection. All these old Papermania stamps stamp beautifully and are well worth getting out of your stash for a play.

I wonder what the other forum volunteers have done with their goodies? Maddy x

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card Maddy and I love the gingham ribbon. Beautiful. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dolike mthe Card but even more the sentiment. It is so fine. I will try to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Maddy! This card is so pretty. Love the background you made for this lovely flower image.
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)