Wednesday 1 January 2014

Docrafts Special Request

A couple of months ago, Kate came onto the Docrafts forum asking for volunteers to make cards with some items they would send us, and of course I had to volunteer! This card made it into the January 2014 edition and is featured on page 103!

The first card I thought of was a book card. We weren't allowed to use any other company's products on our creations, so everything on here is done with DC stuff, even the ink!

 
"A rose by any other name"


I loved the sheet of decoupage I was sent to play with. Many of you will not realise that I suffer from severe peripheral neuropathy, which has interfered markedly with my dexterity. I can no longer fussy cut like I used to, so the diecut decoupage was especially welcome!

 


The diecut decoupage is itself relatively straightforward. You just pop the pieces out, shape them and put together in layers using a dimensional glue. The edging for the book card is inked in reddy pink and overstamped with grey using some of the flourishes from the Birdsong collection together with inks collected from the DC goody bags over the years.

 

The sentiment panel "Wishing you lots of love and a happy ever after" is from one of those sheets that DC produce, another one that's ready diecut. I fixed it over an oval cut to match the decoupage on the facing page, and thence to the backing paper. All the patterned papers for this project come from the Henbury Lane and Summer Bloom ranges. For the paper on the inside of the card, I used an old birdsong filigree panel as a stencil and sponged dark pink ink through. You can just make out the pattern in this photograph. Flowers are from the decoupage sheet and Summer Bloom collection. The polkadot ribbon is from the monochrome Papermania capsule collection.
 
"Have a Perfect Day"

The lovely sentiment on the inside of the card is fairly non-specific and would do for a Birthday, Engagement or Wedding, so I thought I'd keep the front of the card non-specific too. It's a little hard to make out in the photo, but there is a sentiment in the bottom right which says "Have a Perfect Day". This is taken from a Henbury Lane or Summer Bloom sheet (can't remember which!).

If you enjoyed this, please come back tomorrow for a look at the other card I made, and before I go I just have to shout HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-) Maddy x

9 comments:

  1. Another Maddy classic, you do this style so beautifully.

    Happy New Year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will really look forward to get this month issue of Creativity. It is possible to buy this magazine in Denmark too. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Maddy, I hope it's a good one for you.
    This is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and I love the pretty colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Maddy. And the rose decoupage is so pretty. I can't wait to see tomorrow's card. Happy New Year to you, Tom, Lucky and all the chickies! Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card. Great romantic feeling. Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddy this is stunning. Happy New Year. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous book card Maddy, you have designed it beautifully. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it.
    Happy new year.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful..always love the book cards. They seem extra special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)